What Is Sports Therapy?
Sports Therapy and Massage at our Edinburgh clinic is for all ages. Our sports therapist deals with both injury prevention as well as rehabilitation of patients back pain and injury to peak sports performance levels. Not an athlete or think you need a Physiotherapist? Don’t worry, the emphasis is on musculoskeletal injuries (specifically target soft tissue; muscle, tendons, ligaments and connective tissue) or conditions regardless of sporting ability or participation. Whether you have tennis elbow or back pain from sitting at the computer for too long, our sports therapy and massage treatment will have you feeling great in no time!
- Injury rehabilitation - we provide personal training and progressive plan to return you to full activity and ease aches and pains.
- Late stage Rehabilitation - the forgotten stage of rehabilitation, more advanced exercises and focus on conditioning to return athletes to sports competition.
- Sports massage - not just a normal massage, the focus is on identifying problems, weaknesses that will affect your sports performance and movements. Then using advanced massage techniques to resolve them.
- Deep tissue massage - general deep tissue massage, emphasising tissue quality and general wellbeing.
- Injury prevention - manual therapy techniques combined with corrective exercises to address any possible weaknesses that might lead to an injury.